What is an herbal consultation?
Herbal medicine is empowering. When we work together, you will learn how certain foods and lifestyle choices can stimulate the healing power of nature and your body's self-healing mechanisms.
An herbal consultation will take longer than a visit to your medical doctor. An advanced herbal consultation will last an hour. This allows plenty of time to discuss your health concerns.
At the consultation, we will go through your intake forms (new client ppw) to clarify any details. I will have already read over the ppw to see if there are any questions that I have or any herbal contradictions to your prescriptions. I do my best to work with plant medicine that does not interact with prescription drugs. After going over the information, we will do a bio-communication scan (ZYTO). Once those are complete, we will create your plan or protocol. This might include herbal medicines, nutritional supplements, diet changes, or other forms of support including meditation or relaxation, exercise plan or a referral to other healthcare practitioners.
A good herbalist can help you better understand your health concerns and how they may be related to your diet, environment, lifestyle, and health history.
Some people simply want to discuss how to maintain their good health. For instance, you may want to learn how to incorporate herbs into daily life.
However, it is also common to have an herbal consultation to help with chronic wellness concerns or complex symptoms. Wherever possible, rather than simply managing chronic wellness concerns, we will work together to address those concerns and create a better quality of life.
Here are a few examples of times when you might want to seek out an herbal consultation:
- You may be trying to heal your body from pharmaceutical use and chronic dis-ease, and want to utilize all the tools in the toolbox.
- You may be trying to figure out how to clear up your skin naturally, but haven't had success.
- You may face challenges with extreme anxiety or panic. You may have trauma that you would like support in dealing with.
- You may be trying to get pregnant, but you are still not pregnant, and want to support your body with herbs.
- You may be facing challenges with you blood sugar or your blood pressure.
- You may have tried meditation to help with sleep and stress, but you still need coffee every morning to wake up. Coffee in turn can create irritation and agitation which creates a vicious cycle of more stress and sleeplessness.
- You may be having difficulty with a decent sleep schedule. You might wake up frequently or have trouble falling asleep altogether.
- You may be facing challenges with your hormones. You may be dealing with night sweats, irritable feelings, hot flashes, and numerous other challenges that come along with peri-menopause and menopause.
- You may find that you face challenges with a great deal of pain and irritability the week leading up to your menstrual cycle.
- You may deal with chronic pain and inflammation.
- You may face challenges with an autoimmune disorder and are looking for natural support to help you along side your medical prescriptions.
Why would you consider an herbal consultation?
These are just a few examples, there are NUMEROUS other instances.