GLOW - Hyaluronic Acid Daily Serum
GLOW - Hyaluronic Acid Daily Serum
Want your skin to glisten and glow? Hyaluronic acid is often promoted as a "fountain of youth". It is produced naturally in the body. It is also involved in the process of tissue repair. When skin is exposed to excessive UVB rays, it becomes inflamed (sunburn) and the cells in the dermis stop producing as much hyaluronan, and increase the rate of its degradation. Hyaluronic acid has a number of important functions in your skin, and our understanding of the uses of this amazing anti-aging molecule are ever growing.
As if hyaluronic acid wasn't a powerhouse on it's own we pair it with a 12 week solar infusion of rose hips, hibiscus, calendula, and fennel, therapeutic grade essential oils, vitamin C, vitamin A, & vitamin E.
* Rose hips are full of antioxidants that help prevent the skin from aging. This is due to the oil penetrating deep into the layers of the skin. The vitamin C & vitamin A stimulate new collagen growth.
* Hibiscus - Helps to eliminate age spots. It encourages an all-around fresher, younger, smoother looking complexion. The natural acids present in hibiscus help to purify skin by breaking down dead skin and increasing cell turnover. It even helps to control acne breakouts.
* Calendula - has restorative properties that deeply hydrate the skin, heals and makes it look younger and suppler. In fact, this herb is sage enough to be used on the delicate area around the eyes to treat puffiness.
* Fennel - Fennel seeds have a high content of antioxidants. Antioxidants are essential to fight off the adverse effects of free radicals. Free radicals cause premature aging. It is also rich in a number of vitamins that benefit your skin. These various nutrients help in delaying signs of aging, such as fine lines, dark spots, wrinkles, etc.
These are the hyaluronic acid benefits that are currently backed by science:
* One of the biggest benefits of HA for the skin is the essential role it plays in keeping it moisturized.
Its ability to bind to and hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water is responsible for keeping your skin well hydrated, firm, plump, and youthful looking. Scientific studies have shown that when introduced to the skin via the topical application of creams and serums, that the amount of hyaluronic acid in your skin can be raised resulting in an increase in the volume of water held in the skin.
* One of the hallmarks of youthful skin is its suppleness and elasticity. This is directly related to its moisture content. The elasticity of skin can be measured with a cutometer, and scientists have proven that applying HA to the skin produces a measurable increase in skin elasticity.
* Most people who use hyaluronic acid for their face do so for the anti-aging benefits that are widely advertised. But, does it really work to turn back the hands of time?
Scientific testing on volunteers has proved that yes, it really does work to fight the visible signs of aging and reduce lines and wrinkles.
In one study, 33 middle aged women used a topical hyaluronic acid serum for a period of 8 weeks. The results showed a significant decrease in the depth of wrinkles in the time period (as much as 40%). This process might be aided by HA’s ability to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin. Studies have shown that applying hyaluronic acid significantly decreases the roughness of the skin structure after 15 days of treatment.
Vitamin E can help support the skin by promoting natural moisture retention. The oil can make dull looking skin fresher and healthier. For instance, applying vitamin E to scarred or skin can help fade out the scars and accelerate the healing of damaged skin. The moisturizing properties of vitamin E help to keep skin hydrated after damage and possibly prevent the scar from becoming permanent.
GLOW is completed and perfected with the final addition of therapeutic grade essential oil. This product also does double duty as a make-up/face primer.
* Style of bottle may differ depending on availability but the size will remain the same.